Three-Cheese Drop Biscuits
Serve these easy-to-make drop biscuits straight out of the oven with a bowl of soup or a main-course salad.
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup (packed) grated sharp cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
- ½ cup (packed) grated Monterey Jack cheese (about 2 ounces)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (about 1½ ounces)
- ⅔ cup chilled buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly butter baking sheet. Whisk first 5 ingredients in medium bowl and blend. add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. add all cheese and toss to coat well. Gradually mix in buttermilk. Drop dough by ¼ cupfuls onto prepared sheet spacing 2-inches apart.
- Bake biscuits until golden brown on top, about 16 minutes. Transfer to platter. Serve warm or at room temperature.