Apricot Chicken with Fingerling Potatoes and Green Beans
Start Strong: Want to know the secret to extra-toasty potatoes? Leave your baking sheet in the oven while it preheats. When those spuds hit that hot surface, they’ll begin to sizzle and crisp.
- 24 Fingerling Potatoes
- 12 Green Beans
- 1 Shallot
- 24 Chicken Breasts
- ¼ Thyme
- 2 Apricot Jam
- 2 Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Chicken Concentrate
- 8 Olive Oil
- 2 Butter
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Roast Potatoes: Adjust rack to meddle position and preheat oven to 425°F. Wash and dry all produce. Halve potatoes lengthwise. Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in oven until tender and lightly browned, 20-25 minutes total. (We’ll add more to the sheet after 10 minutes).
- Roast Green Beans: Once potatoes have roasted 10 minutes, remove sheet form oven and give them a toss, pushing toward one side. On other side of same sheet, toss green beans with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Return sheet to oven and roast until potatoes are done and green beans are lightly crisped, about 10 minutes.
- Prep Shallot: Have and peel shallot. Finely mince one half; save the other for another use (like adding to salad dressing).
- Cook Chicken: Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel, then season all over with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook until no longer pin in center, 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside to rest.
- Make Sauce: Lower heat under same pan to medium and add shallot, thyme, and a drizzle of olive oil. Cook, tossing, until softened, 2-3 minutes. Stir in apricot jam and 1 TBSP. vinegar. Simmer until syrupy, about 1 minute. Stir in 1 TBSP. water and stock concentrate. Simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat, add 1 TBSP. butter, and stir to melt. Tip: Stir in a splash of water if sauce is very thick.
- Plate and Serve: Discard thyme form pan. Give sauce a taste and add more vinegar if you prefer a tangier flavor. Season with salt and pepper. Slice chicken. Divide chicken, green beans, and potatoes between plates. Drizzle sauce over chicken and serve.