Asian Pear Crisp
This Asian Pear Crisp is delicious with ice cream or whipped cream on top!
- 6 Asian Pears
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°. Quarter, core, peel and chop pears. Put pears into a large bowl and toss with apple cider vinegar.
- Add ¼ cup brown sugar, spices and salt then toss to combine thoroughly. Dump pears into a 2-quart baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours and remaining ½ cup brown sugar. Add butter and work it into flour mixture. (This can be done with your fingers, a pastry cutter or fork.)
- Spread flour mixture over pear mixture. Bake until center fruit mixture is bubbling and top is browned and tasty looking, about 40 minutes. Let sit at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm.