For the Pan Fried Chicken Cutlets:
- 2 boneless (skinless chicken breasts (16 oz.))
- 2 large eggs or egg whites, beaten
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and fresh pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
For the Platter:
- 1 Pint heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces fresh bocconcini mozzarella, halved
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- Balsamic glaze or simple balsamic dressing (combine equal parts balsamic and extra virgin olive oil with salt to taste)
For the Chicken
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally so you end up with 4 think pieces of chicken.
- Working with 1 piece of chicken at a time, pound chicken until ¼-inch thick. Set aside and repeat with the remaining 3 pieces.
- Season with ¾ teaspoon salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a medium bowl. In another bowl beat eggs.
- Dip cutlets in egg, then breadcrumbs.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. If cooking in two batches, add half of the butter and olive oil.
- When butter melts, add the cutlets and cook about 4 to 6 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat.
For the Platter
- Slice the chicken cutlets. Arrange the baby greens in the center of the platter. Place the chicken, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil all around.
- If making ahead, cover tight with plastic and keep chilled until ready to eat.
- Or plate them individually if not making a platter, 1 piece chicken, 2 oz. cheese and divide the salad.
- Serve with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette (not included)
Note: Add extra veggies like avocado, cucumber, or red onion. If you’re a vegetarian, use tofu and slice into thin cutlets.