Enchilada Turkey Meatloaf
If you love turkey meatloaf and enchiladas, you’ll love this Enchilada Turkey Meatloaf, a fun twist on the weeknight classic.
- 1½ pounds 93% ground turkey
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoons mild enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup canned reduced-sodium black beans (rinsed and drained)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 4 ounce can mild chopped green chili (drained well)
- clove crushed garlic
- large egg (beaten)
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- teaspoon onion powder
- 2/3 cup milk enchilada sauce
- 1 jalapeno sliced thin (optional)
- Preheat the oven 350°. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl combine ground turkey, oats, 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce, scallions, corn, beans, green chiles, garlic, egg, salt, cumin and onion powder.
- Combine everything well using clean hands, then shape onto the sheet pan into an oval loaf flattened on tip so you can add the sauce and cheese later.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and top with the remaining enchilada sauce, cheese and jalapeno.
- Bake until the sauce is heated through and the cheese is melted, about 5 to 10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro if desired. To serve, transfer to a cutting board and slice into 12 slices.
- Serve with extra sauce if desired.