Grilled Spicy-Citrus Chicken Thighs w/ Corn & Green Onions
Although the chicken & vegetables marinate for up to four hours, this recipe is a cinch to put together as a simple main course for guests. Using resealable bags makes it easy to marinate all sides of the chicken & vegetables in a single turn and also simplifies cleanup.
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- ⅔ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper
- 16 large boneless chicken thighs with skin
- 16 green onions
- 8 ears of corn, husked
- Whisk first 7 ingredients in medium bowl. Season marinade with salt and pepper. Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag. Place green onions and corn in extra-large resealable plastic bag. Divide marinade equally between bags; seal bags, turning to coat contents. Chill chicken, corn and green onions in bags at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours, turning bags occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Remove chicken and vegetables from bags; discard marinade. Grill chicken until charred and juices run clear when pierced with knife, turning occasionally and rearranging on grill for even cooking, about 20 minutes. Grill green onions and corn until charred on all sides, about 6 minutes for green onions and 13 minutes for corn. Transfer chicken, green onions and corn to platter.
Grill Mastery: Grills usually have “hot spots” and cooler areas. Begin by grilling chicken and vegetables on the hot spots, then move them to the cooler areas to continue cooking evenly.