Mike Ditka’s Official Talgater’s Pork Chops
This recipe was developed by Chef Tom Kenny of Mike Ditka’s Restaurant in Chicago. A favorite pork chop recipe for tailgating of the legendary coach of Da Bears and the New Orleans Saints and 5-time Pro Bowler. Be sure to have plenty of other tailgating goodies like Roasted Potato Dippers, Chilies Con Queso and try Grilled Honey-Glazed Cinnamon Apples for dessert.
- 8 boneless Ribeye (rib) pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 4 cups orange juice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- ½ cup Dijon-style mustard
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, mustard, honey and cayenne pepper. Mix together with a whisk. Pour over pork chops and marinate in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
- Remove pork form marinade; discard marinade. Season pork with salt and pepper and grill for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145°F, followed by a 3-minute rest time.