Pork and Mushroom Quesadillas
Create a make-a-meal quesadilla salad by arranging quesadilla wedges on top of crisp salad greens tossed with purchased champagne or red wine vinaigrette. And, for the finishing touch, garnish with sour cream mixed with freshly ground black pepper.
- 12 ounces pork cutlets, pounded ¼-inch thick
- ¼ cup olive oil with garlic, or olive oil, divided salt, to taste
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ⅓ cup green onions, sliced
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, or Gruyere cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 4 large flour tortillas, (9-to 10-inch)
- Stack cutlets and cut crosswise in half, then cut each stack lengthwise into matchstick-size pieces. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat; stir-fry pork for 2 minutes or until no longer pink . Remove pork from skillet with slotted spoon. Season to taste with salt.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add mushrooms and onions to skillet; stir fry for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from skillet. Wipe skillet with paper towels.
- To assemble, sprinkle ¼ cup cheese over half of each tortilla. Top each with pork and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle each with ¼ cup of remaining cheese. Fold tortillas in half; pressing gently.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Cook quesadillas, 2 at a time, over medium heat for 2-4 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted, turning once. Remove quesadillas from skillet; loosely cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and quesadillas. Cut quesadillas into wedges to serve.