A quick and easy spin on a classic recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, diced
- 6 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, cut into ¼ inch round slices
- ¼ cup fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan. Cook onions, garlic and tomatoes in sauté pan until onions are transparent.
- Divide tomato mixture into 8 small ramekins.
- Place squash slices alternating in the ramekins over the tomato mixture.
- In a bowl, whisk together salt, butter, thyme, heavy cream and cheese.
- Pour over ramekins until almost filled.
- Bake ramekins on a cookie sheet until heavy cream mixture is thickened and vegetables are softened. Depending on the size of the ramekins and the thickness of the squash cooking time may vary between 15-30 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs and cook additional 3-5 minutes until crumbs are a golden brown.
Note: Instead of making small individual servings for guest, you can also make one large pan for the family dinner table.