Sriracha Turkey Burgers with sweet potato chips and ginger-dressed greens
Hot sauce, ginger, and soy take these patties beyond the ordinary.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 shallots, halved, peeled, and minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 thumb ginger, peeled and minced
- ¼ ounce cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons Sriracha
- 20 ounces ground turkey
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 potato buns
- 4 ounces spring mix lettuce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Slice sweet potatoes into very thin rounds, like chips. Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven until browned and crisp, about 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Halve, peel, and mince shallot. Mince or grate garlic. Peel ginger, then mince or grate until you have 1 TBSP. Finely chop cilantro. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and up to 1½ tsp Sriracha (use less to taste). Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, shallot, half the garlic, 2 tsp ginger, half the cilantro, ½ tsp Sriracha (to taste), and 2 tsp soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Form mixture into four patties. Season all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat (use an ovenproof pan if you have one). Add burgers and cook until browned, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer pan to oven and bake burgers until no longer pink in center, 5-7 minutes. Tip: If your pan isn’t ovenproof, place burgers on baking sheet with sweet potatoes.
- Split buns down center, then place on baking sheet with sweet potatoes to toast, 2-3 minutes. In another large bowl, whisk together a pinch of ginger, a pinch of garlic, and a drizzle of oil. Season with salt, pepper, and more garlic and ginger (as desired). Add spring mix and toss to coat.
- Spread a little Sriracha mayo on each bun, then top with a burger and remaining cilantro. Serve with salad, sweet potatoes, and any remaining Sriracha mayo for dipping on the side. Tip: Add a little salad to your burger, if desired.
Tips: Keep an eye on the sweet potato chips as they bake. If you see or smell any burning, take them out of the oven.