By: Inspiralized, LLC | Category: Main Dish/Spiral Recipe
Makes: 4 servings | Cook Time: 45 minutes
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 large sweet potato, peeled, spiralized
• 1 24 oz. jar tomato sauce of choice
• ¾ cup grated mozzarella cheese
• chopped parsley, to garnish
• salt & pepper to taste
• 1 pound lean ground chicken
• ½ teaspoon dried basil
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion
• ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
• salt & pepper
• Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
•Place all of the ingredients for the meatballs in a large mixing bowl and mix together. Dip your hands in water and form a golf sized meatball and set in the baking sheet. Repeat until 8 meatballs are formed
• Transfer the meatballs into the oven, bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake another 10 minutes.
• After the meatballs are flipped, place a deep, large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil. Once oil is shimmering, add the sweet potato noodles and season with salt and pepper. Toss and cook 2-3 minutes to soften and then pour in the tomato sauce. Toss well and let cook for 5 more minutes or until cooked to al dente or your preference.
• Once the meatballs are done, add them to the pasta mixture, spreading them out in the skillet evenly. Remove from heat and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Transfer to the oven and let cook for 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts.
• Remove the skillet from the oven, season with salt and pepper, garnish with parsley and serve.