Skip to content
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1¼ cups tightly packed brown sugar
- 1½ tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3½ cups heavy cream
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 9 cups day-old country bread, cubed
- 2 cups Pacific Rose apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Butter and flour for the pan
- Vanilla ice cream or powdered sugar for garnish
- Prepare a 13×9 glass baking dish by greasing it with butter and a light coating of flour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, spice, cream, eggs, and vanilla extract. Fold in bread cubes until fully coated and bread has absorbed most of the liquid mixture. Fold in apples and cranberries.
- Spoon bread pudding into the prepared baking dish and cover the dish with aluminum foil. Place dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30-45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until bread pudding is golden brown, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm, sprinkle with powdered sugar or a scoop of ice cream.