Banana Fritters with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar and vanilla bean ice cream for finish
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, melted butter, cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg.
- Add bananas to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix dry ingredients into the batter.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet to 365-380°F.
- Using an ice cream scoop, carefully scoop, one to two scoops of the mixture into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on all sides. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Continue this step until all the batter is gone.
- Powder the fritters with powdered sugar and serve while warm with ice cream.