Bistro Oven Fries with Parsley and Garlic
Forget deep frying. Its so much easier to toss potatoes with a small amount of canola oil and bake them in a very hot oven until brown and crisp. The “Bistro” treatment is a sprinkling of chopped fresh herb seasonings.
- 4 medium russet potatoes (about 1 3/4 pounds), scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Coarse kosher salt
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 425°F.
- Spray 2 large rimmed baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/3-inch thick slices, then cut lengthwise into 1/3-inch thick sticks.
- Pat potatoes dry with paper towels.
- Combine potatoes and oil in large bowl; toss to coat evenly.
- Spread potatoes in single layer on prepared sheets.
- Bake until potatoes are deep golden brown, turning and stirring potatoes frequently, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to bowl. Toss with parsley, garlic, coarse kosher salt, and pepper.