Chive and Garlic Smashed Potatoes
Leaving the skins on potatoes lends rustic appeal and lets them retain more nutrients and makes this dish even easier to prepare.
- 2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, rinsed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 tablespoons (1¼ sticks) butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh chives (about 3 bunches)
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 18 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in same pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Return potatoes to pot. Add chives.
- Smash potatoes coarsely.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.