Cranberry Orange Corn Bread
This bread will sure to become a holiday staple for your holiday dinner. Be sure to make extras because it tastes even yummier the day after.
- ½ cup (4 ounces/1 stick) salted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, sliced in half
- 1 large orange (for zest)
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease 9×9-inch pan. Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs to the creamed mixture and blend until fully combined. In separate bowl, mix together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Pour one third of the buttermilk into the flour mixture and stir by hand. Alternate mixing the rest of the buttermilk and creamed butter into the flour, stirring by hand until fully combined. Zest 1 large orange into the batter and add the cranberries, stirring until combined. Pour the batter into the greased pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.