Double Lemon Chicken Breasts with Fresh Tomato Basil Salsa
A sweet and tangy chicken recipe grounded in a fresh, fragranced tomato salsa!
Tomato Basil Salsa Ingredients:
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 5 large fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
Lemon Chicken Ingredients:
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 skinless boneless chicken breast fillets, pounded until ½ inch thick
- Grapeseed or canola oil for cooking
- 2 to 3 Lemons, halved
Tomato Basil Salsa:
- To make the salsa, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- To prepare the chicken, combine the flour, lemon zest, and salt and pepper on a flat dinner plate. Using a fork, mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Wash the chicken breasts and pat them dry. Dredge each fillet in the flour mixture, making sure to coat both sides. Set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the grapeseed oil, using just enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken fillets in batches, cooking each side until lightly golden (about 2 minutes per side). Before removing the chicken from the pan, squeeze generous amounts of lemon juice over each piece. Serve topped with the basil salsa.