English Roast in Bourbon Sauce
An old-style spin an some incredibly tender roast!
- 1 3-pound cross rib or English roast
- 2 tablespoons
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ⅓ cup bourbon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- In heavy Dutch oven, heat oil and brown meat on all sides.
- Combine bourbon, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce and garlic and pour over roast. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour for medium degree of doneness, or until tender.
- Remove roast to a platter; cover with foil and let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with water. Bring pan juices to a boil and quickly whisk in cornstarch paste. Boil for two minutes. Slice roast and serve warm bourbon sauce.