Fettuccine Quattro Formaggi
Except for the Parmesan cheese, which is pretty much a requirement, this ultra-cheesy cousin of fettuccine Alfredo can be made with any number of four-cheese combinations. The recipe calls for spinach fettuccine, which adds flavor and color, but regular or whole wheat fettuccine works well, too.
- 1 pound spinach fettuccine
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- ⅔ cup grated provolone cheese
- ½ cup crumbled soft fresh goat cheese
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter
- ½ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook fettuccine in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine cream and next 6 ingredients in heavy large saucepan. Whisk over medium heat until mixture simmers and is smooth.
- Drain pasta; return to same pot. Add cream sauce and Parmesan to pasta; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl. Sprinkle with pine nuts.