Skip to content
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 24 oz. jar tomato basil sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2½-3 cups finely shredded cooked chicken
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours, can be subbed with coconut milk or even Greek yogurt
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay out the butternut squash noodles and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until noodles are at your desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Place a medium pot or wide skillet over medium-high heat and add the marinara sauce. Bring to a simmer.
- While sauce heat up, place the cashews and chicken broth in a high-speed blender and pulse until creamy. Add ¼ cup heaping cup of the cashew cream to the marinara sauce and stir well to combine. Reserve anything extra for future recipes.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and stir well to combine, cooking for 5 minutes or until chicken heats up. Taste the sauce and if it needs more salt or pepper, add as needed.
- Serve the butternut squash noodles topped with the creamy tomato chicken sauce. Garnish with parsley.