Skip to content
- Olive oil for drizzling, plus ¼ cup
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 white onions, large dice
- 1 green pepper, large dice
- 1 Yukon potato, diced
- 1 red pepper, large dice
- 1 cup cooked sweet corn
- 1 16oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup white wine
- 3-4 quarts chicken stock
- 3 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut butternut squash into large pieces and remove the skin and seeds. Cut them into 1 inch pieces. Place butternut onto a cookie sheet and drizzle a little bit of olive oil over them. Season with salt and pepper, and roat in the oven until tender, about ½ hour.
- In a large stockpot, heat ¼ cup olive oil and sauté onions, green pepper, red pepper, potato and garlic until tender. Add the tomatoes and cook for 3 more minutes. Deglaze with white wine. Add chicken stock, roasted butternut squash, corn and black beans. Add cilantro, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil. Simmer about 20 minutes. Serve hot and garnish with fresh cilantro and parmesan cheese.
- Immediately serve with your favorite crusty bread.