Fried Risotto Balls
Delicious and airy fried risotto balls that the family can’t get enough of!
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 4 cups hot chicken stock
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Heat butter in large skillet. Add rice and sauté for a minute. Stir in parsley and add one cup of stock. Stir constantly, adding a little stock at a time until rice is soft and all stock is absorbed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese and mix in 2 eggs. Set aside to cool.
- Beat remaining 2 eggs in small bowls. Place breadcrumbs in second bowl.
- Form balls with the risotto. Roll into eggs and then breadcrumbs. Fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve.