Ginger Peach Spirals
A fresh and fluffy pastry that will satisfy any sweet tooth craving!
- 1 sheet frozen ready made puff pastry, thawed
- 2½ cups fresh peaches, peeled and chopped (can use canned in own juice and well drained)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 3 teaspoons corn starch
- To make filling, in a saucepan heat peaches, ginger, corn starch and orange zest until liquid is mostly reduced. Set mixture aside to cool. Once mixture is cool place in a food processor to blend into a smooth spread.
- Evenly spread mixture over puff pastry dough leaving a ¼-inch edge on long edge. Starting with the long side that has spread on it, roll the dough, jelly roll style, into a long roll. Wrap in plastic wrap and either chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or carefully wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil and can be frozen up to 2 weeks at this stage.
- When ready to bake, slice log into ¼-inch slices and place on a parchment lined baking sheet leaving a ¼-inch space around each cookie. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for approximately 10-15 minutes until lightly golden brown.