Who doesn’t love coconut? These macaroons are as easy to make as they are good to eat!
- 2 pounds shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 bag chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Combine coconut, flour and salt in a small mixing bowl. Add milk and vanilla, stirring to combine.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop scoopfuls of the mixture onto a sheet tray lined with parchment or waxed paper.
- Bake until outsides are light golden. (Check at 5-minute intervals.) When done, remove to a cooling rack.
Note: If you would like to have chocolate-dipped macaroons, melt the chocolate chips and dip the top of each cooled macaroon in the chocolate. Place on a plate and then chill until chocolate is set. Or skip the chocolate and enjoy plain with a cup of coffee.