Grilled Rib-Eye Steaks with Parsley-Garlic Butter
Beef topped with a pat of butter is a steakhouse classic. In this version, softened butter is mixed with parsley, chives, garlic and Cognac. For a slightly different twist, try a shallot instead of garlic and thyme in place of parsley.
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 teaspoons Cognac or brandy
- 3 1½-inch thick rib-eye steaks (about 1 pound each)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Stir first 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Season butter to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle steaks generously with salt and pepper. Grill steaks to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes. Cut each steak in half; transfer to plates. Top each with spoonful of seasoned butter.