Grilled Spiced Lamb Chops with Cucumber-Mint Sauce
A cool and creamy Raita-yogurt mixed with fresh mint and cucumber-is the perfect counterpoint to spicy Indian curry-coated lamb. Green curry paste would work, too. Steam basmati rice to go alongside.
- 8 lamb loin chops (about 2½ pounds total)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup diced seeded peeled cucumber
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Brush lamb on all sides with curry paste. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Toast cumin seeds in small skillet over medium heat 1 minute. Place seeds in resealable plastic bag; crush coarsely with rolling pin. Mix cumin, yogurt, cucumber, and mint in small bowl.
- Grill or broil lamb chops until charred outside and pink inside, about 3 minutes per side. Serve with cucumber-mint sauce on the side.