Lamb Chops with Artichokes and Rosemary
The use of frozen artichoke hearts means you can enjoy this dish year-round. They’re perfect for this recipe , where they get to stew in a flavorful broth and become nice and tender.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 3½ teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel, divided
- 2 8-ounce packages frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1½ cups low-salt chicken broth
- 8 1-inch thick lamb loin chops
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 minced garlic cloves, 2 teaspoons rosemary, and ½ teaspoon orange peel; stir 30 seconds.
- Add artichoke hearts and broth; bring to boil. Cover; boil 5 minutes.
- Uncover; cook until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally . About 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle lamb with remaining minced garlic clove and 1½ teaspoons rosemary, then salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in another large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add lamb cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer lamb to platter.
- Spoon off fat from skillet with lamb.
- Add artichoke mixture; boil 2 minutes, scraping up browned bits.
- Season with salt and pepper. Spoon artichoke mixture around lamb.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1½ teaspoons orange peel.