Lemon-Oregano Roast Chicken and Potatoes
Don’t worry about crowding the potatoes around the edges of the pan-they will bake up with deliciously crisp edges. Use any thin-skinned, waxy potatoes like red-skinned or white-skinned (they don’t need to be peeled, and they retain their shape when cooked).
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 2¼ pounds red-skinned potatoes, each cut lengthwise into 6 wedges
- 1 4-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon-juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush large rimmed baking sheet with 2 tablespoons oil. Combine remaining 4 tablespoons oil, garlic, and 1½ teaspoons oregano in bowl. Add potatoes and toss to coat. Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1½ teaspoons oregano, then salt and pepper. Arrange chicken, skin side up, in single layer in center of prepared baking sheet. Arrange potatoes around chicken. Drizzle chicken with lemon juice and any remaining oil mixture from bowl of potatoes.
- Roast chicken and potatoes until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, about 1 hour 10 minutes.