A wonderfully sophisticated blend of coffee and chocolate, these brownies are rich and chocolaty.
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (dry)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Coffee Frosting (see below)
- Easy Chocolate Glaze (see below)
Coffee Frosting Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon very hot water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2-3 teaspoons water
Easy Chocolate Ingredients:
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease square pan, 8x8x2-inches. Melt chocolate and butter in 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth; remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients except Coffee Frosting and Easy Chocolate Glaze.
- Spread batter in pan. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Frost with Coffee Frosting. Drizzle with Easy Chocolate Glaze. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.
- Dissolve coffee in very hot water in medium bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Melt ingredients in a 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.