Irish Cream Chocolate Cheesecake
The best and easiest Irish Cream Chocolate Cheesecake you’ll ever make—and eat!
- 1½ cups chocolate cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cups white sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup Irish cream liqueur
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs, powdered sugar and 1/3 cup cocoa. Add melted butter and stir until well mixed. Pat into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes; set aside. Increase oven temperature to 450°F.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, white sugar, ¼ cup cocoa and flour. Beat at medium speed until well after each addition. Blend in the sour cream and Irish cream liqueur; mixing on low speed. Pour filling over baked crust.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250°F and continue baking for 60 minutes.
- With a knife, loosen cake from rim of pan. Let cool, then remove the rim of pan. Chill before serving. If your cake cracks, a helpful tip is to dampen a spatula and smooth the top, then sprinkle with some chocolate water crumbs.