Sautéed Scallops with Cherry Tomatoes, Green Onions & Parsley
Any kind of cherry tomato would work will in this recipe-you can even mix colors and shapes for a lively presentation. Sweet smoked paprika, sometimes labeled Pimentón Dulce or Pimentón de La Vera Dulce.
- 1½ pounds large sea scallops, side muscles removed
- Fleur de sel or coarse kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 large green onions, chopped, white and green parts separated
- 1 12-ounce container cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika or Hungarian sweet paprika
- Pat scallops dry. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook until browned outside and just opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer scallops to plate; cover to keep warm. Add 1 tablespoon oil to same skillet; add white parts of green onions and sauté until almost tender, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and green parts of onions and sauté until tomatoes begin to burst and release juices, about 5 minutes. Stir in 3 tablespoons parsley, lemon juice, and paprika. Return scallops and any accumulated juices to skillet and stir just until heated through, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer scallop mixture to platter. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.