Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops over Zucchini Pasta
The best and easiest Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops over Zucchini Pasta you’ll ever make—and eat!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 thin slices Prosciutto
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 12 large fresh sea scallops
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 3 zucchini cut into julienne strips
- 1 small onion, peeled & chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained & minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan
- Cook the zucchini in a large pot of boiling salted water for 2 minutes, drain & reserve zucchini.
- Slice Prosciutto in half lengthwise. Wrap basil leaf around scallop wrap Prosciutto around basil leaf and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan. Add scallops and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes until well browned. Remove from pan and set aside. Add onions to same pan and sauté until transparent. Add garlic, capers, red pepper and sauté until onions are caramelized. Add a ¼ cup of white wine to the pan. Add tomatoes to the pan, salt and basil, and cook until tomatoes are cooked down into a sauce, approximately 5 minutes. Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the parmesan. Toss with the zucchini.
- Plate zucchini pasta and place 3 scallops on each dish. Remove toothpicks from scallops.