Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta
A quick and easy spin on a classic recipe!
- ½ pound dried pasta
- ½ pound uncooked easy-peel large shrimp
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- ½ cup scallions, diced
- ¼ cup pure olive oil
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 teaspoons fresh basil, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add salt to the water to taste “like the sea”. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain water and place pasta in a bowl. Toss with a little olive oil and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan heat olive oil. Add scallions and cook until transparent. Add garlic, capers, lemon juice and zest, wine and bay leaves. Add tomatoes and shrimp. Sauté all ingredients together until shrimp are cooked. Remove bay leaves.
- Add pasta to pan and mix ingredients together until fully incorporated and pasta in heated. Divide into four pasta bowls and sprinkle with fresh basil. Serve immediately.