Garlic-Roasted Shrimp with Red Peppers and Smoked Paprika
Get your shrimp on with this flavor-blasted recipe by chef Richard!
- Nonstick vegetable oil spry
- 3 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left intact
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into 1½ inch triangles
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2½ tablespoons sweet smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- ½ cup dry Sherry
- Spray two 13x9x2 inch metal baking pans with nonstick spray.
- Mix shrimp, peppers, oil, garlic, smoked paprika and cayenne in large bowl to coat.
- Divide mixture between prepared pans, arranging shrimp in single layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Do Ahead: Can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
- Preheat over to 400°F. Roast shrimp and peppers 10 minutes. Turn shrimp; sprinkle with oregano.
- Roast until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 7 minutes longer.
- Transfer shrimp and peppers to platter. Place pans over 2 burners on medium heat.
- Add half of Sherry to each; boil until sauce is reduced by half, scraping up browned bits, about 2 minutes.
- Drizzle sauce over shrimp and serve warm or at room temperature.