Skip to content
- 1 (3 pound) Certified Angus Beef chuck roast (arm, shoulder or blade)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4½ cups beef broth
- 1½ cups diced sweet onion
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted, skinned, seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, roasted and minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup grated aged Manchego or Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Season beef with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy bottom pan. Brown beef on all sides; pour off drippings. Add 4 cups broth to pan. Cover tightly with foil or lid and braise 4 hours until fork tender.
- While the roast cooks, place remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in medium fry pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until transparent; add peppers and garlic; sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Deglaze pan with remaining broth and reduce by half. Add cream and reduce by half again. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove roast from pan and allow to rest 5 minutes.
- Spoon ¼ cup sauce onto each plate. Top with 3 ounces beef. Garnish with cilantro and cheese.