Bottom-Of-The-Box Crushed Cracker Pork
Get the kids involved with this fun recipe! A good finger food to serve with your favorite dipping sauce like ranch dressing or barbecue sauce. Or try Creamy Dijon Mustard Sauceor Mandarin Peach Saucefor a change of pace.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cheese crackers, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- Combine egg, steak sauce and garlic powder in a shallow dish. Place crushed crackers in another shallow dish.
- Cut tenderloin crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices. Pound or flatten slices with the heal of your hand to ¼-inch thickness.
- Dip each slice first into egg mixture, then cracker crumbs, turning to coat.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add half of pork slices and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until browned. Repeat with remaining oil and pork slices (or use 2 skillets at one time).