Scallops with Lemon Oil
A quick and easy spin on a classic recipe!
For the Scallops:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 pound large scallops
For the Papaya Relish:
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ½ papaya, cleaned and diced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped scallions
- 1½ tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced red onion
- Pinch salt
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and grated lemon peel. Cover and let sit overnight at room temperature. Strain mixture, using a fine sieve.
- In a small bowl, combine honey and lime juice. Add remaining ingredients for papaya relish and mix well.
- Lightly spray a large sauté pan with olive oil. Sauté scallops over medium-heat until cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes one each side. Do not overcook.
- Serve with 2 teaspoon lemon oil and 2 tablespoons papaya relish.
Note: If you would like to use the lemon oil right away, place oil and lemon peel in a blender, puree and strain.