Texas Oven Roasted Beef Brisket
A quick and easy spin on a classic recipe!
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 4 pounds beef brisket, trimmed
- 1½ cups beef stock
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
- Make a dry rub by combining chili powder, salt, garlic and onion powders, black pepper, sugar, dry mustard and bay leaf. Season the raw brisket on both sides with the rub. Place in a roasting pan and roast, uncovered for 1 hour.
- Add beef stock and enough water to yield about ½ inch of liquid in the roasted pan. Lower oven to 300°F, cover pan tightly and continue cooking for 3 hours, or until fork-tender.
- Trim the fat and slice meat thinly across the grain. Top with juice from the pan.