Marinara Beef and Ravioli Stew
A quick and easy spin on a classic recipe!
- 1½ pounds Angus beef stew meat, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (14.5oz) cans beef broth
- 1 (15oz) jar marinara sauce
- 2 cup fresh green beans, cleaned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 (9oz) container fresh low-fat cheese raviolis
- In heavy pan or Dutch oven, brown beef and onions in oil, about 5-10 minutes, or until onions are lightly browned.
- Add broth, marinara sauce and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add beans and zucchini. Return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer five minutes.
- Add ravioli, bring back to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer an additional 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender.