Asian Broccoli Beef Salad (Served Hot or Cold)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups steamed/cooked broccoli pieces
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into strips
- 1 pound vermicelli pasta, cooked al dente & cooled
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup scallions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup toasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons roasted sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and pepper in the bowl. Slowly add the olive oil while whisking to create an emulsion. Take half the dressing and place into a sturdy plastic storage bag for the marinade. Take remaining dressing and place in the refrigerator for later use.
- Place beef strips into the marinade and allow to marinate for an hour in the refrigerator. Remove beef from marinade. Discard marinate. Cook beef until reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. (155°F for medium well). Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Toss together dressing, pasta, broccoli and beef. Top with scallions an peanuts.