Baked Halibut with Orzo, Spinach, and Cherry Tomatoes
Here’s a complete meal from just seven ingredients. For more Mediterranean flavor, add sliced Kalamata olives and toasted pine nuts to the pasta.
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 6 to 7 ounce halibut fillets
- 1 cup orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups (packed) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Whisk 2 tablespoons oil and lemon juice in small bowl; season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Place halibut on rimmed baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle lightly with some of dressing. Bake until just opaque in center, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite; drain. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil and garlic to same saucepan; sauté over medium heat 1 minute. Add drained pasta, spinach and tomatoes; stir to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 1 minute (spinach will wilt). Divide pasta between 2 plates. Top with halibut and remaining dressing.