Cherry Peach Crisp
Cherry, Peachy and Crispy—yum!! make sure to save room for dessert!
- 4-5 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1½ cups sweet red cherries, pitted and cut in half
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
Oatmeal Crisp Topping:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup unsalted butter, chopped and chilled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, fold together peaches, cherries and granulated sugar; set aside
- In a separate large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter until it resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Place fruit mixture into six (six ounce) ramekins (small glazed ceramic serving bowls) for individual servings or place in an oven safe dish. Cover mixture with oatmeal topping, patting down topping.
- Bake in oven for approximately 20-30 minutes, until topping is a rich golden brown and mixture underneath is bubbly.
- Can be served with ice cream or whipped cream.