Fresh Grilled Tuna Salad
An Asian-inspired grilled tuna recipe that’s both healthy and savory!
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 wonton wrappers, cut in strips
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen tuna steaks, thawed
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel (optional)
- ½ medium head Napa cabbage, shredded (6 cups)
- ½ medium seedless cucumber, sliced and/or cut in strips (6oz)
- In 12-inch skillet heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook wonton strips in hot oil until browned, stirring occasionally. Transfer with slotted spoon to paper towels; set aside.
- Lightly season tuna with salt and pepper. Cook tuna in the same hot skillet for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until some pink remains in center. Transfer tuna to cutting board; slice tuna for salads.
- For dressing, whisk together remaining olive oil, vinegar, sugar and lime peel. Serve cabbage, sliced tuna and cucumber in shallow bowls. Top salads with dressing and wonton crisps.