Grilled Halibut with Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette
You can also try this tangy vinaigrette on grilled shrimp or grilled salmon. A simple, creamy risotto and a fresh green salad would round out the meal.
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 6 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
- 4 teaspoons drained capers
- 4 halibut steaks 5 to 6-ounce (each about ¾-inch thick)
- Whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, and lemon peel in small bowl to blend. Stir in 4 tablespoons basil and capers. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Sprinkle halibut steaks with salt and pepper. Brush fish with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette, dividing equally. Grill or broil halibut steaks until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer fish to plates. Re-whisk remaining vinaigrette; pour over fish. Garnish fish with remaining tablespoons basil.