Grilled Potato and Summer Squash Salad with Marjoram-Lemon Vinaigrette
Marjoram is a tender herb with a flavor similar to that of oregano, but milder.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjo- ram, divided
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ pound small unpeeled fingerling potatoes halved lengthwise
- 1 pound assorted summer squash (such as zucchini and yellow squash) cut on diagonal into 1/3-inch thick slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch wide strips
- Whisk lemon juice, shallot, 1 tablespoon marjoram, and lemon peel in small bowl. Gradually whisk in ¼ cup oil. Season vinaigrette with salt an pepper.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Place Potatoes in large saucepan; add enough cold salted water to cover. Boil just until almost tender, about 4 minutes. Drain. Transfer potatoes to medium bowl. Add 1 teaspoon marjoram and 1½ tablespoons oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Combine squash and bell pepper in large bowl; add remaining 1 teaspoon marjoram and remaining 1½ tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Grill potatoes until tender, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to large bowl. Grill squash and bell pepper until tender, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes. Transfer squash and bell pepper to bowl with potatoes. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.