Grilled Tuna Salad Niçoise
The best and easiest Grilled Tuna Salad Niçoise you’ll ever make—and eat!
- 16oz sushi grade tuna steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound small red new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- 6 large eggs
- ½ pound green beans, stems trimmed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup black, Kalamata or Niçoise olives
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Season tuna with salt and pepper and brush with oil. Grill tuna to desired doneness. Set aside.
- Separately boil green beans and potatoes until fully cooked. Set aside to cool. Boil eggs until hard boiled.
- Chop green beans into bite size pieces. Slice potatoes into medallions. Peel eggs and slice into quarters.
- Once tuna has rested, slice tuna.
- Toss romaine with half the dressing and arrange on individual plates. Arrange all remaining salad items neatly on each plate. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Serve immediately.
- Whisk the anchovy paste, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest and salt together in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and set aside until ready to use. Whisk it again briefly just before using.