Grilled Veal Chops with Warm Tomato-Olive Vinaigrette
When shopping for veal, look for meat that is white to pale pink with a smooth, fine-grained texture. Because veal doesn’t contain much fat, it’s important to keep an eye on the cooking time so the meat doesn’t dry out.
- 4 8-ounces veal rib chops
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1½ cups diced seeded plum tomatoes
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush veal chops with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill veal to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to plates.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 4 tablespoons oil and garlic in small sauce pan. Set at edge of grill to heat oil until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Mix in tomatoes, olives, basil, and vinegar. Stir vinaigrette until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper; serve with chops.