Guinness Beef Cheese Dip
A quick and easy spin on a classic recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound ground beef
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons jalapeño pepper, minced (can add more or less as desired)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¾ cup Guinness beer
- ¼ teaspoon Coleman’s mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a sauté pan, heat oil. Add ground beef, jalapeño and tomatoes. Cook until meat is thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a sauce pot, heat butter. Add beer, mustard powder, onion powder and salt. Stir ingredients together and allow mixture to come to a boil Add beef mixture and stir to combine.
- Toss cheese with flour to distribute flour evenly. Add flour cheese to mixture and stir continuously until fully melted and combined.
- Serve immediately with toasted crusty French bread.
Note: Make sure to grab some grapes to put along side the dip incase the jalapeño is too spice.