Hoisin Chicken Skewers
Hoisin sauce is a thick, sweet and spicy mixture made from soybeans, garlic, chiles and various spices. You’ll need metal skewers for grilling the chicken.
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Transfer 2 tablespoons sauce to small bowl for glaze; reserve. Mix chicken into remaining sauce; let stand 10 minutes. Thread chicken onto 4 metal skewers, spacing pieces ½-inch apart. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until cooked through and slightly charred, brushing with reserved glaze and turning often, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Make it your own: Many prepared sauces like Hoisin sauce can be greatly improved by adding a few flavorful ingredients, such as the fresh ginger, sesame oil, and rice vinegar added here.