Open-Faced Avocado Cheese Melt
The best and easiest Open-Faced Avocado Cheese Melt you’ll ever make—and eat!
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise, or to taste
- 2 slices country bread
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 3 ounces cheddar or Gouda, sliced (about 4 to 6 slices)
- Pinch of paprika
- Truffle salt to taste
- Pinch of pepper
- Slather the mayonnaise on the bread slices, about ½ teaspoon per slice. Lay the avocado slices neatly on each bread slice. Arrange the cheese on top of the avocado. Sprinkle the paprika, truffle salt and pepper on top of the cheese.
- Toast the sandwiches in a toaster oven set to 350°F or under the broiler set on low for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.